Members of the National Association of Home Builders believe and affirm that:
*Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
*American Homes should be well designed, well constructed, and well located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious, and shopping facilities accessible to all.
*American Homes should be built under the free American enterprise system.
To achieve these goals ,we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
*Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, our community, and our country.
*Honesty in our guiding business policy.
*High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built into every home.
*Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
*As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment, and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest possible value for every dollar.
*All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
*We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national associations, and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Home Builders.
CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the Home Builders Association of Central Missouri, I personally pledge allegiance to the following principles:
1. Maintain the highest standards of personal and business conduct as it relates to the Association and the home building industry.
2. Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the home building industry.
3. Recognize and discharge my responsibilities to uphold all laws, codes, and regulations relating to the bylaws of the Association.
4. Use only legal and ethical means in all my business activities.
5. Maintain confidentiality of the privileged information entrusted or known to me.
6. Refuse to engage in activities that are detrimental to the reputation of the home building industry.
7. Deal fairly and responsibly with employees, governmental officials, the public and other members of the Association and the industry.
8. Recognize the fiduciary nature of the relationship between the public, with whom I deal, other members of the Association, and myself as a result of the trust and reliance others place upon me.
This Code of Ethics for the members of the HBA of Central Missouri has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest of standards of service and personal conduct among its members. Our Code of Ethics applies to you personally and therefore applies to any company with which you are involved in conducting business in the home building industry. The HBA holds members to a higher standard and is serious in the enforcement of this Code. Adherence to these standards is required for membership in the Association, and serves to assure confidence in the integrity of the Association and its members. Members also agree as a condition of membership, to participate when requested in any proceedings of the Ethics and Grievances Committee and to abide by any decision of the Committee resulting from such proceedings.
Members click here for form to sign and return to HBA office.